Sunday, August 16, 2009

Summer Sliding

As part of the summer 'Make and Do' class, a class outing to a pool and water-sledding place was scheduled last Friday. It was the first (and last) time i'd gone swimming in Korea, and it was a bit strange.

Everyone wears swimming caps (apparently it's a rule, though no one tried to reinforce it with me - I attribute it to my foreign-ness). Also, every 50 minutes or so, the lifeguards force everyone to get out of the pool for a 'break'. Not to check the pH levels, not to chlorinate the pool, but just for the sake of forcing a 'break' on everyone.

The sledding part was very cool though - there were actual sleds (ones you'd go down a snowy-hill on) that went down a hill that's constantly watered down. It was a great final-outing with the GEC crew, which somewhat made me regret having to leave .

Other than that, this weekend, I met with my very-first co-teacher Shine, to finally meet her baby (she gave birth about three months ago). Her newborn boy's English name is (who would've guessed?): Alex!

The weekend was otherwise filled with goodbye-meals, with a little bit of Karaoke squeezed in the middle. It's hard to believe I only have two working-days left in Korea (Monday and Tuesday) - I'm going to try and take pictures of my favorite classes before heading out.

Finally, i'm almost down packing up - I've bought a few gifts, but if there are any requests for Korean Goodies, now's the time to make them; Only four days 'til I fly out to France.

Have a good week!

No comments: