Monday, August 31, 2009

Home

After a 7 hour flight from Ireland, and an hour and a half flight from Newark, I finally arrived home on Saturday. To my surprise, even flights that are only connecting to the US have to go through their customs (meaning you have to pick up your baggage, pass it through customs, then drop it off again).

Of all places I've been to, it's the only one that operates like this. Kind of makes you want to avoid the States altogether.

It feels terrific to be home. Many subtle things have changed (Metro? Where's Loeb?), but most appears to be the same. It's really home - finally.

As for this blog, I'm afraid its run its course. I'm planning on keeping my ears open in the next few days for the most common questions about Korea, and post up a wrap-up Q&A sometime soon.

Many thanks to everyone that kept themselves updated, and sent me encouraging comments throughout the year - it really meant alot. If anyone from Korea still reads this, thanks for contributing to an awesome year.

See you soon.
Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Byyyyyye ALEX!!!

Linda said...

Thanks for the blog, Alex. I really enjoyed reading it over the past year.

Alex Pigeon said...

Bye Jenna!
Thanks Linda - I hope I'll see you sometime soon :)