Tuesday, August 18, 2009

My Last Day

Alas, the year is done.

Today, Tuesday, I taught my final classes in the GEC. All day long, I kept saying 'it doesn't feel like the last day', right up until the end of the last class.

The feeling of really being done, though, is hard to describe. Sadness and excitedness sandwiched inside a happiness.. er.. sandwhich.

For the most part, the kids were a little sad, but didn't react a whole lot. The exception to that was the Make and Do class i've only been teaching for three weeks - One kid started crying, which made another cry, and another after that.. it was the mythical chain of pain.

Tomorrow, I wrap up my affairs, finish packing, and say my last goodbyes. In a way, I'm regretting chosing to go to Europe a little bit, since I'm really looking forward to being home, but eh- how often will you get a one-way ticket around the world paid for you?

10 days 'til home - start counting down!
Cheers

1 comment:

Lisa said...

chain of pain!!