Thursday, June 18, 2009

Flying Off

If you look closely enough, you'll find a less-than-appropriate name to one of the stores in this picture. This is in the Foreigner district (Itaewon), so you can bet it ain't a typo. Makes you wonder how many Koreans clue in to that one..

Anyway, we're off to Beijing in a couple of days. The flight itself is about two hours (and i'm guessing we'll be circumventing North Korean airspace). We'll be trying to pack in a crap load of sightseeing in a very small amount of time, but it should still be a pretty cool trip. Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City, and the Great Wall are on the agenda.

I was also told that it might be a good idea to bring my face-mask - Beijing might very well be the most polluted mecca in the world. Lets hope it's not that bad!

I'll be back on Monday with a recap of the trip. 'til then, have a good one!

2 comments:

émilie pense said...

I wanted to thank you kindly for your card which arrived today! It is a lovely card and especially lovely envelope. If you can find similar stationary to bring back to canuckstan you can pretty much forgo getting me a birthday present! I hope your Beijing trip is very enlightening. Please remember to keep any and all political opinions to yourself! I would hate it if you were bulldozed! xoxox big sis

émilie pense said...

Sorry, I meant run over by a tank. It's in Israel that people are bulldozed.