Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Blue Screen of Death

Saturday, I had planned to do a bit of gaming, before getting on with my day. When it came time to turn on the game, it crashed. I tried again. It crashed again. I said 'okay! I'll reset it'.

Unfortunately, my Windows never restarted; it said something about a crash dump, and restarted itself automatically, overrrrr and over. Anyway, all this to say, I spent the entire weekend attempting to fix it. In the end, I had to reformat and reinstall (arrrgh).

In between my angry-yells and girly, upset-yelps, there was one positive: I managed to save all of my pictures, so the last 10 months haven't all been lost. Google's Picasa service is pretty awesome for uploading a couple thousand pictures, and redownloading them all again.

Everything's pretty much back to normal now, aside from the Microphone, which is still down. If you were hoping to hear my voice this week, you'll have to make-do with my picture, your imagination and a fair bit of alcohol.

I'll try to report on something more exciting than a Blue Screen, next week.
Cheers!

No comments: