Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve: In Bed with Bronchitis Edition

With my immune system kicking ass day in, and day out this year, I suppose I was due to come down with something sooner or later. I think it's unfortunate that Christmas Eve is the day that I get diagnosed with Bronchitis - but what can you do?

I really felt like hell this morning, and although I was due to go out with my Intro Adult-Class to lunch, I told them that I (unfortunately) had to go back to the Doctor's. What's funny is that one of the last units in the book was called 'Advice', where we saw 'What should you do if you have a headache? a toothache?', etc etc. So they were very quick to say 'Alex! Go see a Doctor! Rest in Bed! Eat Soup!'... haha. I like them. I got the okay to go to the clinic, and I was even brought in by two of my students, who were able to translate everything that needed to be translated (which just speaks of their great progress in the past four months).

After the Doc prescribed antibiotics, they insisted that I let them take me out for Soup for lunch anyway. Since I needed to eat before Meds, I agreed. Turns out they have gotten me a few Christmas Presents as well, which was a surprise, considering how uncelebrated Christmas is over here. I ended up spending the rest of the day in bed, but what can you do?

Ah well. Merry Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

New Christmas Holidays Merry Year Happy Alex!

Let me know if you have SC or WC3 installed; perhaps we can play a holiday game or two! ^^

Word Verification of the day: Smalizin

Unknown said...

Hi alex,

Sorry to hear you are sick with bronchitis. Hope you get better soon.. we are having our xmas gather on sat dec 27th.. i was thinking of calling u but it would like 2 am your time.. so it might be a good idea..

Thinking of you , Merry xmas and Health for 2009..
stay safe..

love you

Your favorite auntie

Julie xo

Alex Pigeon said...

Dan: I have SC installed, though I still suck quite badly. But let me know on MSN.

Matante: Hope you guys have fun! Give all the best to the family for me - i'm thinking of you guys as well.

Cheers,
Alex

Anonymous said...

I should be on MSN all day today, if you pop on let me know and we'll get a little xmas/boxing day game going!!

Anonymous said...

10 day free WotlK trial on WoW.com, should trial it out? :P