Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cellphone Chagrin

About a month ago, I decided to finally get a cellphone. You may remember I ventured to Bupyeong (an Incheon market) to get one, which I bought second-hand, since it was cheaper. That phone ended up being stolen (which means they couldn't activate it). Ah well - just a bit of bad luck - I told myself i'd go back the following Friday.

That Friday, I got another phone. They felt bad about making me go back, so they gave me one worth about twice the value of the first. Cool! So the following Monday, it gets activated. Now, obviously, I don't know all that many people in Korea, so I don't have an actual conversation with someone until a week later. Only problem: they can't hear me. Arrrrgh. So again, the next Friday, I go back. They say 'Okay - no problem, we'll change it now'. So they cancel that phone - attempt to activate a new phone - only to find out that there's no English setting on it.

And they have no other phones! Now, why I didn't just insist on a refund, i'm not too sure. I suppose I was hoping to bank on a little guilt, to get a much more decent phone. I'm all for giving people extra chances, but sheesh, these guys suck. It took them a week to locate another phone, which they apparently mailed out two days ago (this Friday). If you add up all of the weeks it's taken, it doesn't take a genius to acknowledge that the total is a hundred times longer than it should've taken. I suppose it's a lesson for those kids out there about being cheap.

Support your local economy! Buy stuff that works!

Anyway, there's nothing terribly exciting about the coming week. Not in Korea, anyway. For everyone with excellent TV-taste, though, make sure not to miss the upcoming series finale of Boston Legal. Denny Crane and Alan Shore - ye shall be missed.

(oh, and watch Dexter too)

Ciao

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Dexter!!