Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sleep Catchup

I didn't do anything terribly exciting this weekend, since I was pretty tired from having worked all of last-weekend. Still, I didn't let a 3-day weekend go completely to waste: Yesterday night, I went and watched that new X-Men movie, which was pretty good.

I also got caught up on Lost and The Office. Thank goodness for streaming-television.

As i'm well-rested, and ready to head back to work, I won't be heading back for very long. I do have to work tomorrow (Monday), but Tuesday is a National Holiday: Children's Day.

Children's Day is the 'Christmas' that kids look forward to, when they usually receive gifts from their parents. For that day, everyone in the country is off. Three days later, on May 8, it's 'Parent's Day' - an exciting day nationwide, where parents go about their regular chore and duties, and still have to go to work.

It's a combination of Mother's Day and Father's Day, where usually, according to Wikipedia:
...one gives a carnation with presents to his/her parents and/or sings the Parents' Day song.
I'll make it my mission this week to find out about this 'Parent's Day' song. It sounds nice.


Have a good week!

No comments: