Sunday, May 10, 2009

Crane Games

Around every populated area, there are multiple Crane-Games, like the ones pictured here. Their main function, of course, is to suck change away from you. I've emptied my pockets for them a few dozen times, and yet the only thing i've ever won is some gum.

Still, it's one of those things i'll miss, when the time comes.

This weekend wasn't a particular exciting one. I didn't get to go out and Trek anywhere, since I had to work for the bulk of Saturday, but I did manage to catch the new Star Trek movie. It had been way too long since i'd been excited about that franchise.

The movie was great. It's absolutely beautiful, with a decent story, and a lot of nods to the Original Series (poor Redshirts!), as well as a hilarious one to Archer's Beagle from Enterprise. hehe.. My inner-geek is glad to see Star Trek rejuvenated again.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: