Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Horrible Hockey

During this past hockey-season, the Sens weren't the only ones who started out slow, only to have a surge towards the end. GEC had a hockey pool going - and as one of three (out of ten) people who knew anything about hockey, I was sure this'd be a piece of cake. My picks, at first, seemed half-decent.

After the first week, I lost my Matchup (you were up against a different person each week); I figured 'bah! Bad luck!'. Then it happened again. And again. And again... for the first three months, I only had two victorious weeks.

Only the top 6 seeds made the playoffs ; the bottom 4 didn't. I finished a stunningly-embarassing 10th out of 10.

Come playoff time, though (the hockey-pool playoffs happen during the last three weeks of the season), I managed to somewhat turn it around, and won the 'Consolation' bracket - climbing all the way to 7th place. Whoop-dee-doo!

There's always next year.

I confirmed that I won't be working this Saturday, which means i'll be able to attend my first Korean wedding - i'm looking forward to it! It should be a great cultural experience. Other than that, the rest of the week is looking like the same 'ol routine - no complaints.

Hope you have a good one.

No comments: