Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Golf, Water and Evaluations

For the first time since I left Midway, about a year ago, I got the chance to use my mini-golf skills on Sunday. The girlfriend of a friend (and fellow teacher), Crian, was visiting Korea for the first time. We went to Yongsan in Seoul for a dinner, and randomly decided to go play a game of Mini-Golf - which was located on an outdoor patio on the 7th floor of the mall.

I must've picked up a thing or two from seeing that Midway mini-golf for so many years, because I had a pretty damn good game.

This week, teacher evaluations are taking place for all Foreign teachers. This was the second (and last) time that I had to be evaluated. My turn came up today (Tuesday), and went as smoothly as I could've hoped. I lucked out, and had it during one of my best classes. They were awesome, as always - i'll have to remember to buy them some candy before the end of the semester.

With evaluations done, it's one less thing to worry about.

Next on my list of things to do: actually figure out where to go for the upcoming vacation.

Lastly, something I wasn't terribly impressed with: The water supply for this area of Incheon is being turned off for two days. We've been asked not to shower (that's a first!), or do any laundry. We weren't given a reason, but I was told by a Korean teacher that they're probably doing maintenance on the tanks.

I'm assuming that since this affects the entire region, that it affects all of the kids as well - as such, I can expect some pretty funky smells coming from them in the next couple of days.

Well - I came here for different experiences!
Wheee.

Have a good week.

No comments: