Thursday, March 26, 2009

It Happens

The bulk of our foreign-teachers went out to bowl tonight, at an alley in Gimpo (a neighbourhood near GEC). I continued my respectable-game streak, by bowling slightly over 100 - something i've had a bit of trouble with, in 10-pin bowling.

One of the teachers, Charles, is a pretty competitive fellow - as such, before each shot, he had a tendency to go into a 'focus mode', to concentrate as to where he was going to shoot the ball. Some teachers found that to be a little funny, so after a few shots, he decided he was going to (mockingly) aim the ball towards those laughing.

Unfortunately for Charles, while he didn't actually shoot it at the bench, he wasn't able to hold onto it - the ball went into the lane next to ours, where a Pro-Leveled Korean Team was playing. It went straight in the gutter, and even though one of their players tried to chase it, he wasn't able to catch it. I managed to capture the hilarious moment on Camera, with poor Charles trying to apologize while the Korean Player walked back unsuccessfully. haha.. it's just one of those things - it happens.

This week was the final week of adult-classes for the month of March, which ended the 7th month that i've held on to the same two groups of adults. The morning group decided to take me out to lunch, as they've done nearly every month - this time, to a local Seafood Buffet restaurant named 'Broccoli' (I know, strange name for a Seafood restaurant).

This is the same class that I started-off with at the 'Intro' level, that barely spoke any English at all. I remember when they took me out for my birthday, which was barely a couple of weeks after we'd met - they really struggled to say anything at all back then... but their progress has really been amazing. As much as i'd like to take credit for it, I think I was just very lucky to be handed a class that became a very close-knit, and dedicated group. I've a feeling that they'll stick around until I leave, which is great.

I have to work this Saturday, for the first time in a few months. Elementary-school aged kids will be visiting the Experience rooms, and for whatever reason, i've been stuck in the Math room. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I s'pose it won't hurt to get a little extra cash.

Cheers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo Alex,

About the math room next Saturday -- show your kids how to make every minute "count".

(Profound or silly?)

Just moi! xxoo

Alex Pigeon said...

Little 'o both, somehow!