Thursday, February 26, 2009

Christmas in February

To my surprise, a package came through the mail on Thursday. This battered-and-bruised box has, from the looks of it, been on quite the adventure 'round the world, over the past two and a half months. Maybe it decided to go backpack through Europe before getting over here... I'd actually pay to see a written account of where-the-heck it's been - but I guess that'll remain a mystery.

The box contained a really, really awesome Christmas present from some of my favorite Ottawa people: The brand new 'Black Magic' Senators Third Jersey (at least, that's what it was dubbed when the Sens got their first two-win 'streak' of the year going - haha). I hadn't actually brought my Sens jersey over, which might explain the season-long funk they've been in, since they obviously can't win without me having proper cheering-apparel.

Big thank you to Sarah for organizing the whole thing (and trying to deal with Canada Post for the past while!)! Thanks to everyone else who contributed: Kayleigh, Rachel, Lisa, Dan, Chantal, Brigitte, Jace, and Véronique!

February 26th never felt so much like Christmas.
Cheers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo!
So glad it finally arrived!
Merry Christmas Mr.Alex!

Alex Pigeon said...

Merry Christmas!! haha

Anonymous said...

And a happy new year!