Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beer Hunting

Even after the first week of February, it seems some Christmas Trees are still up. Kind of makes me wonder if this one in particular, at 'Beer Hunters', is ever taken down - I wouldn't be too surprised if its seasonal-aspect kind of passes over the head of a few business-owners. If you don't really celebrate Christmas, I s'pose it's a nice decoration to light up your bar.

Beer Hunters is the place where I usually go with my night-time adult class, at the end of the month - I was also there on Saturday with a friend. It's about as close as one can get to a Sports bar over here (Local Hero's-style) - although the only sport i've ever seen played was Baseball. Since Korean Baseball season has been over, though, it's become an absolute hot-spot for Korean melodramas (and alcohol).

As you can tell by the empty seats, it's insanely popular.

Anyway. One of my old adult-students came back this week, from a three-month stint in the Philippines - one of Korea's favourite destinations for learning English at a much-cheaper cost than Canada/Australia/etc. We caught-up by going to an Internet Café, and taking turns at beating each other at games the other's horrible at (I lost horribly at Starcraft, while kicking a lot of ass at Warcraft 3. Them late-night WC3 ATs really paid off, gents).

From what he told me, the Philippines is a very cheap, but generally unsafe place to be. Therefore, it's not going to be on the top of my list of destinations to visit, for when I want to enhance my spoken-english.

Maybe i'll head to this Canada place, in about 6 months.

I'll keep you updated on that.

No comments: