Sunday, February 22, 2009

Showered

Sunday evening, my former co-teacher, Shine, had a baby shower in the dorm. Baby showers are actually fairly unheard of in Korea, but since she's been living with Foreigners for a few years, she thought it would be a good idea. It was a chance to have a potluck, play some games, and decide what her baby's English name would be.

There were three choices: Brad, Daniel, and Alex. Since i'm such a Brad Pitt fan, it was a pretty hard choice, but after pondering intensely, I settled on Alex (shocking, I know!). The total votes were:
-Brad: 1
-Daniel: 6
-Alex: 7

Woooooheee.

The games that were played were fun for some, and embarassing for others. I was volunteered for the first game, without knowing what it was. It turned out to be a Team vs Team competition, where the volunteered person had to be rolled a 'diaper' by the team, with toilet paper. Where's the picture? There ain't no picture here, fellas... though, to my chagrin, one'll probably pop up on Facebook sometime. haha.

The second was a pin-the-pacifier game, onto the baby's mouth, and the final one was to 'feed the baby' while blindfolded. Sometimes, I really love that video option on the camera...


The week ahead is the final one of my second full-semester. I'll be changing rooms and co-teachers once again (argh), but I at least get to keep my Adult-classes. As long as I can teach 'em, i'll stay satisfied.

Have a good one.

2 comments:

émilie pense said...

completely unrelated: mother wants me to have grad photos similar to yours. how did you get yours and how much were you robbed for them?

best.

sister

Alex Pigeon said...

I got my grad photos by simply doing nothing. They arrange for photographs to be taken of everyone who attends the graduation ceremony (one on the stage, one backstage). I don't remember how much they were, but they weren't cheap - although Mom paid for 'em.

It'd probably be cheaper if you get the on-campus Grad-Photo folks to do it.

(Ps: What's your graduation date? tell me when you know it!)