Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Unspoken Correlation: The Fall of the Loonie

While economists everywhere struggle to explain how the Loonie could dip so low, so fast, I offer up my own theory: it's the Market's equivalent to a 'We miss you' greeting-card.

I'm touched.

As expected, thus far it's been a fairly uneventful week. I'm due to give my Adults their first test this morning, which I think they should be quite ready for. We did a review yesterday, and in my zeal to try to be as available as possible, I decided to give them my e-mail in case they had any questions (realizing as I was writing it down, that it'd probably be more work for them to compose an e-mail in english than to look up any question they might have).

Those who have been keeping track of the grumblings from North Korea will notice that the news has been fairly more positive as of late, but further talks of nuclear disarmamant may have to start excluding Japan. The nation had been stalling talks, over a dispute stemming from Japanese Citizens that were abducted in the 1970s and 1980s. Talking to my freetalking adults about it, frankly, the consensus seems to be that it's not really any of their problem. While no one's a fan of the current North Korean regime, you'll have to look hard to find any big fans of Japan, either (unless of course you count the legions of Nintendo fans). Pictured to the right is one of my favourite pictures, where Ryan challenged a random kid on the ferry from Nami Island to a game of Mario Kart. Maaaan are they into it.

This coming weekend should see me going into Seoul once or twice, for the birthday parties of a few teachers that i've met over the last few weeks. There's also talk of finding our way to a Canadian Bar called Canada Buddy on Friday night (and if they're playing hockey, I ain't leaving).

Lastly, as a side note, Go Sens!
For those who have lost faith already, stop it.
In Alfie We Trust.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you, my friend, are one hillarious person. I don't know how you come up with this stuff. The drop of the loonie's direc correlaton with your leaving... Pure Genius!
I'm most definitely losing my touch. My funny bone must be a bit under the weather.