Thursday, October 9, 2008

TV Korea is Me.

It's finally Friday, but it's been a pretty exhausting week.
I forgot to mention last week; Ma! I'm on TV!

Thursday of last week, I was asked to do more promotional work for Woongjin (The parent company of GEC). They struck a deal with a district in Seoul to allow them to open an English Library, and in return, Woongjin agreed to help them do some promotion of that district as an 'English-Speaking' hub. Evidently, i'm being showcased as 'The English Face' (shhh, we'll keep the being-french thing quiet). Anyhoo, they had me and Sarah film a commercial for a local restaurant named Shy Bana. They had us walk over to the restaurant, from the opposite direction from which we came, and we did about 6 or 7 shots of us ordering food. We were pretty much cracking up after the 3rd shot, but it doesn't appear anyone had an objection about that.. The waiter asked us if we were professional actors (haha), calling us very 'Good looking'. Wheee.

So for that effort, we were each given a 100$ Gift-Certificate to shop in E-Mart, a general-goods superstore - Wal-Mart style. Since i'd put my pillow in the washing machine two weeks ago, I just haven't slept just as well, so that was the first item on my list. We finally ended up going yesterday, and I picked up alot of good, useful stuff - Bathroom slippers, a Welcome mat, 18 Cans of Cold-Coffee (don't judge me), and some beeeer. It's becoming more homely, day by day!

The work-week was very good, though. The more experience I have, the easier the preparation seems to get (which is good, since I don't have all that much time to prepare). Adult classes have resumed, and so has my-being-paid overtime four days a week (scooore). My 2nd paycheck, though, is still a week away - which is for all of September.

Apparently, it's a fairly common thing in Korea to only be paid once a month. I'm looking forward to finally starting to transfer money back home, though. Anyhoo, I have to cut this entry short, since my lunch period. Have a good one!

Goooo Sens.
and holy crap, Dexter!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Alex,

Don't forget to send us a copy of the video tape. (We'll just look for the guy in the red shirt).

Cheers xxoo