Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Two Months Later

It's now been two months since i've come to Korea (and since i've been updating a blog regularly - wow!), and I must say, I have absolutely no regrets thus far. It's definitely been a great learning experience, and i've been settling into a pretty good routine.

Monday to Thursday, since I work 11-8, I sleep in a bit. Then, I catch up on my news, attempt to talk to some folks back home, and maybe watch an episode of a show i'm trying to keep up with. I've only really managed to keep up with Boston Legal, Dexter, The Daily Show and the Colbert Report, but I think that's just indicative of how little free time I have - which I consider a good thing. After work, i'll usually unwind for half an hour, and three out of those four days, i'll go to the gym with Abigail, one of the Korean teachers. I complain about it a bit, but it's pretty great to have someone to push you (force you) to go. Whenever I tell myself 'ahh, i'm too tired for it tonight', I remind myself 'Well, it's too late now, you said you were going'. Sure, sometimes it makes me hate myself, and sparks an internal conflict, but overall I recognize that it's a big, big positive.

I've been doing a Spinning class once a week, for the past three weeks. Spinning, for those of you who are lucky enough to be unfamiliar with it, is an intense Cycling/Head-Bopping exercise that lasts for an hour, and is set to fast music. I don't sweat all that much usually, but I come out of there with a soaked t-shirt everytime.

Friday, the work hours at 9:30-6:30 - we either have Kindies in the morning (Kindergarden kids who are 'experiencing' an english Academy), or 'Hello-GEC' in the afternoon, a promotional-run in local elementary schools where we play games and do activities in english. For the past couple of weeks, we've had both Kindies and Hello GEC, which leaves us with very little free time to prepare for the coming week; so more often than not, to really get the preparation that you need to get done, you have to stay a little bit past the work hours. That's alright though - I think it's a dose of the real-world jobs, and a sign of things to come.

This weekend is really up in the air, and i'm not sure of what i'll be doing yet, though it'll probably involve venturing into Seoul and exploring a fair bit - after I catch up on my sleep. I'll keep you posted.

On a sidenote, today is October 16th over here, so BONNE FÊTE VÉRONIQUE!

Have a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how about you write back to your facebook messages? something to do :P