Sunday, September 7, 2008

No Yelling.

As previously mentioned, I had to work this weekend, on Saturday. It was the 2nd Incheon English Festival (yet no one remembers when the first one was), and they needed some English Speakers to do various complicated tasks. Let me elaborate.

All day yesterday, while dressed in a Spanish Bullfighter costume, I had to pose for pictures and play Connect-4. But hey, if anyone's going to pay me 200$ for one day of work, you can dress me up to be a Barbie, for all I care*. Sadly, our booth read 'Poto Shop' instead of 'Photo Shop'.. Probably not good for a private english school.

*(offer only valid in countries where I won't be recognized and photographed to be facebooked)


This morning, I finally took a bus on my own - I know, i'm growing up too quickly - to go to Home Plus (the Korean equivalent of a Wal-Mart type of superstore). I picked up a few things I needed, and made my way back. Later in the afternoon, I went to Seoul Central station, to meet up with my friend Chris.

Chris has been in Korea for three years now. Ever since he arrived, he'd been giving me his impressions, and answered dozens and dozens of questions. To the point where he probably dreaded seeing a new e-mail from me with a new slew of questions - but he's always been sporting about it, and he was definitely the main drive behind helping me make the choice of teaching in Korea, over any other country.

Anyhoo, we met up, and took the Subway down a couple of stations. We went to a tea-house that was a bit hidden. When I saw a sentence at the entrance saying something along the lines of 'Tea house where birds fly', I thought it was just another example of a silly english mistake. Nope! This tea-house had flying birds in it.

No, they didn't poo in our tea, although having had a Budgie for 13 years, I know that that shit can fly (har-har, see what I did there?) pretty fast. I kept a pretty good eye on my Ginger tea, though.. I think.

Afterwards, Chris introduced me to something i'd never had before: Korean Barbecue. It's pretty cool - They bring you some meat, which you cook yourself at the table, and you eat it with all different sorts of veggies/sauces. I'd definitely recommend it.

Finally, Chris was kind enough to show me back to Seoul Central Station, so that I could find my way back to Incheon. On that Subway was a sign that I couldn't not take a picture of:

Notice the chic-looking-man pinching the passenger. The passenger yells. I can only gather that the sign says 'No Yelling' on the subway. As well as 'No Anger' while people are on top of each other, while in the midst of making out.

No comments: