Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Banner Ceremony

After a month's worth of trying, I finally managed to get my Senators blanket/banner up on the darned wall. For all the architects out there, please, for me - don't build room walls with concrete. To get around the no-pinning-in-the-wall, I found these cool stick-on hooks that do the job well.


It's starting to feel a bit more like home.

The week has gone pretty well, so far. I had my Teacher's Evaluation on Monday (where a member of Management sits in to one of your classes, and rates the quality of your teaching). Overall, it went great - Kids were mannered, and the lesson went smoothly - except for half-way through, when my computer decided to reset for no reason - glad to know Murphy's Law is applicable on all sides of the globe.

I'm not one to stress very easily, but I really wasn't looking forward to being evaluated. Just the idea of someone sitting-in on you, being a judge when any number of things beyond your control could happen.. I s'pose I like to be in complete control, when it comes to being judged. But as I said - it went well. So it's smooth-sailing ahead.

With the help of my Korean co-teacher yesterday, I also went out and joined a gym. It's about a 10 minute walk away, and I was fairly impressed with it. No one actually speaks english, but that's alright - I was never big on holding a conversation while sweating. When you get in, you hand them your gym-card, and they give you a locker-key and a towel. It seems clean, not very busy, and has a pretty decent amount of machines/activities to chose from - and it's only 40$ a month.

So here's hoping I can finally get in some good habits while i'm down here. I'm going to cut this short, as people are waiting for me to kick their asses at Mario Kart in the lobby.

Anyuong haseyo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,
Congrats on your evaluation - seems that it all went well.
Keep it up, for the kids Alex!!, for the kids!!.
Have a good week
Your Dad

Unknown said...

The being in Control is called the " Pigeon Gene " .. haha..
We went to the Sens game on sat, it was a good game.. If you check on facebook you can see Zach's new friend " Tornado "..

Stay safe...

Your favorite auntie

Julie xo