Sunday, July 26, 2009

Picture Snatching, Movie Watching

I managed to snatch pictures from the GEC public hard-drive (where the 'official' GEC photos are kept) - many of them showing us 'in action', such as this one here, during one of the parents meetings.

I'd been trying to think of how to get them on my computer for a few months, 'til it occured to me that I could just upload them directly.

Picasa is awesome.

This past week was the last of two Foreign Teachers, as well as one's first week. From here on out, there will be people coming and going almost weekly - it's going to be a very strange last few weeks.


To try something new, I went and watched a Korean movie in theatres today - no subtitles. I think the edge that foreign-language films really have is that you really can't tell how deep or shallow that dialogue is. The story itself was decent enough, and everyone around me seemed to enjoy the film (It was themed on a theoretical Tsunami hitting Korea).

The genre was kind of strange, though - it seemed to be a light-hearted, comedic movie for the first half, then becomes very tragic and sad, then ends on a lighter note.

Two days 'til Japan!
See you when I get back - I'll try to avoid Ninjas.

No comments: