Friday, May 14, 2010

Seoul Return

Early in the week, I returned to Insadong; a sector within Seoul known for its traditional Korean goods. Bought a few gifts, and toured some popular sights I'd seen before (including the hard-to-pronounce Cheonggyecheon stream).

Did a bit of hiking yesterday, which was fun. It's funny; any Korean you see on the 'Trails' (which are not all that challenging - picture below) are fully decked out in almost identical, hardcore mountain climbing gear, so I got a few looks for my dressed-shirt + black pants.
At the end of the trail is a shack with a view that would be quite beautiful of the region, if only it wasn't so smoggy. On a clear day, there are these great mountains in the background to be seen - but those days are unfortunately rare.

I'm not exactly sure what lies ahead at this point; the temple stay is most likely a no-go (which sucks). Can't say this trip is turning out quite as planned - I may be headed for an early return home.

In the meantime though, I'll do my best to try and enjoy myself.

Cheers


No comments: