Sunday, November 23, 2008

Should've been a Bowler

The weekend's already nearing its end over here, and it was a fairly relaxed one. Apart from going Bowling on Friday (and kicking a fair amount of ass, I must say), I stayed in for most of the weekend - apart from a little shopping. I did manage to pick up a couple more Christmas gifts, so i'm hoping to have everything done by next weekend so that I can start shipping.

On Friday, I also continued my secondary-job of 'Promotional Monkey' (I wonder how that would look on a resume?), by doing some extra work at a Korean Art Community Center. When I say work, I use that term pretty loosely.. The extent of what I did was really just stand there, smile, give pamphlets, and do the occasional bow. I'm not really there for the labour, so much as for the image of 'Hey look! We have foreigners!'; and looking foreign is a skill I definitely possess.

Other than that, I really don't have very much to report.. except for things on the Nerd front. So if you don't know/care about what Binary is, and other nerdly items, you can stop reading here for today, I won't be angry.

Okay. Good. The nerd crew: I don't actually have anything to say about binary. But Video-Game wise, i've been representing my French ancestry quite well, by conquering dozens of empires in Age of Empires 3. I've been playing with three other teachers for the better part of a month, and it seems I would've made a pretty excellent Military Strategist back in the day. We've also started installing the original Unreal Tournament on a few people's machines, so we'll have a decent group playing First Person shooters on the LAN soon enough.

It's exciting. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alex,

Proud to know that all those Saturday mornings devoted to bowling finally did amount to something....
go Alex...go

xx

émilie pense said...

Nothing to say about binary? I feel robbed!!