Saturday, August 30, 2008

Night Out in Hongdae

Friday night, myself and a half dozen teachers went out to Hongdae (The same Club/Bar district I went to last week in Seoul) for a going-away night of celebration for a teacher who's contract is up. On the way to the first bar, I managed to snap this picture of an awesomely named bar (sadly we didn't go in).

The bar we actually did go into, though, was really... out of this world. After putting your shoes in a bag, you go up some stairs that look like they're from the original Star Wars movie - and where it leads, pictured below, sure looks alot like it, too. Strangely, the main floor is filled with a layer of water. Remember, they make you take off your shoes, so those who happen to get too drunk to walk straight and jump in between the 'islands' can get very, very wet.










The final venue we visited was a Korean Hip Hop Club, for which the only commentary I can really offer up is 'ahhhhhahahahahahahahahahaha!'

The hip-hop culture is one that clearly, clearly does not fit with the Korean one. I mean, the asian guys around me were looking to me for dance cues, and my god.. For those who've seen me dance, you know that for the good of the world, no one should attempt to replicate me.

But hey, that place had me laughing, so I suppose it wasn't a total waste.











As a side note; i've been feeling a bit under the weather for the past few days. Unfortunately, I missed out on visiting a temple in Seoul today because of it. And as such, I likely won't have very much to write about until the new school semester begins on monday.

Hope everyone's doing great.

No comments: